As a restauteur, you will be well aware about the importance of being active on social media…The statistics speak for themselves:
- Over 1 billion restaurant visits by consumers are influenced by online marketing (Monetate).
- Out of all industries, consumers read restaurant reviews more than any other industry (Bright Local).
- Since 84% of people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations for dining decisions, it’s key you have a bunch of positive reviews (Bright Local).
- A half-star difference on a Yelp review rating can swing restaurant business by a whopping 27% (Foodbeast).
- Restaurants who respond to customers on social media will win as 71% say they’re more likely to recommend a company that responds quickly to them on social media (Forbes).
- A growing number of social media users (37%) search apps to research companies for more information before making a purchasing decision (eMarketer).
- Online orders are growing in popularity as 57% of customers order their food from a website (Toast Tab).
And, if that wasnt enough, here are some other general stats you will find equally amazing:
- Over 80 billion social media users were active in 2017
- 95% of users with ages between 18 and 35 (millennials) follow their favourite brands through social media channels
- The engagement rate has skyrocketed for a couple of years. For example, in 2017, Instagram offered an engagement rate of 4.21%
- In the retail and legal industry, the average CTR rate on Facebook in 2017 exceeded 1.5% Continue reading